Make-A-Wish grants wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions. To grant more than 400 wishes each year, Make-A-Wish leverages support from corporate sponsors in the form of cause-marketing promotions, wish adoptions and event sponsorships. The Corporate Development Department raises $1.5 million in donations to support nearly 200 wishes. This intern supports the Corporate Development Department with our major winter corporate campaigns – primarily Macy’s, as well as Subaru, GameStop and others.
Macy’s is Make-A-Wish’s largest corporate sponsor, donating over $100 million dollars since 2003. This fall, we will once again hold the nation-wide Thanks for Sharing and Believe campaigns (click video below for details).
This position would help execute the fall and winter campaigns by working with various corporate sponsors as well as Make-A-Wish volunteers. Tasks related to this position will include but are not limited to:
- Email & phone correspondence with (Macy’s, GameStop, Subaru) locations throughout the Bay Area.
- Email & phone correspondence with volunteers
- Maintaining campaign data
- Creating & sending campaign marketing materials
- Assist in planning wish reveals/celebrations
- Assist in planning campaign events
- Assist in marketing and media planning
Qualifications desired for this position:
- Good organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional demeanor
- Familiarity with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in corporate relations or marketing
- Self-starter, desire to learn more about the nonprofit industry
- As early as October 3rd, 2018 through the end of December
- Minimum of 10 hours per week, up to 15 hours
- Must be available on Dec 7th and 8th
No major course of study is required but marketing, communication, nonprofit experience is preferred.
Minimum G.P.A. is 3.0
This is a volunteer (unpaid) position. College credit may be available depending on the requirements of your college or university.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume via email or mail to:
Corporate Intern Search
Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area
1333 Broadway, Ste 200
Oakland, CA 94612
No phone calls please.
Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area grants wishes to children between the ages of 2 ½ and 18 who are battling a life-threatening illnesses.