Make-A-Wish hosts 5 major events a year and we usually need a large crew of volunteers to help with things like registration, auction, setup, breakdown, and much more.
The next events we need help with are:
- Wishes in Wine Country - Saturday, May 20th, 2017. We will be looking for groups to help set up for our Wishes in Wine Country event. Take a drive up to the Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyard in Windsor, CA to help set up tables, auction displays, signs, place settings, and more.
- Walk for Wishes – Walk for Wishes is a 5K fundraising walk, held throughout the Bay Area. Get your team together to fundraise and walk! We are also looking for groups of volunteers to help with setup, breakdown, course monitors, and a few other tasks at the walk. 2017 Dates include:
- Saturday, August 12, 2017 – Walk for Wishes North Bay – Petaluma
- Saturday, August 19, 2017 – Walk for Wishes South Bay – Mountain View
- Date TBD – Walk for Wishes East Bay
- Brave the Bay – Saturday, December 2, 2017 - San Francisco. Similar to Walk for Wishes, this event includes a 5K walk, but also a cable car pull competition, and a “plunge in the bay” challenge. Get your team together to walk, pull cable cars, or brave the bay! Volunteer groups can help with setup, breakdown, course monitors, and a few other tasks.
- Wine and Wishes - February 3, 2018 (Tentative date, to be confirmed) We will be looking for groups to help set up for our Wine and Wishes event. Come to the San Francisco Design Center and help set up tables, auction displays, signs, place settings, and more.
Host a Fundraiser
Get your team together to put on a fundraiser. No event is too big nor too small, and we lend support to your event. Host a barbecue, a car wash, a karaoke night, a bowling tournament… You name it!
Host a donation drive for Make-A-Wish
Collect items at your workplace that we can use to enhance a child’s wish. We are always in need of airline miles, gift cards, disposable cameras and more. See our Wish List page for the current list of items we need.