Tasks related to this position will include but are not limited to:
- Create and publish relevant, original, high-quality posts on Make-A-Wish’s social media accounts (primarily Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; occasionally YouTube, Pinterest and LinkedIn)
- Ensure all content published is consistent with Make-A-Wish brand voice and style guide
- Monitor social media accounts and respond to messages and comments
- Maintain an editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
- Promote events through social advertising
- Find and share articles, stories, etc. that are relevant to our mission and supporters
- Use Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics to assess trends and generate weekly marketing analytics and analysis reports
- Research and report on social media best practices; provide suggestions and strategies for growing social following and boosting engagement
- Knowledge of social media platforms, their respective user demographics and best uses: primarily Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, but also LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube etc.
- Working knowledge of SEO practices
- Google Analytics and Adwords experience is an asset.
- Basic photo editing (cropping, color correction etc.); Photoshop knowledge is a plus
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Work proactively and independently, communicating well with marketing staff
- Promote the mission and activities of Make-A-Wish with enthusiasm
The ideal candidate would be available eight hours a week for eight to twelve weeks. This can be an eight hour day once a week, or two four hour days a week. This is a summer internship. The start and end dates are somewhat flexible, but should fall between May-August. Please indicate your availability in the cover letter.
Marketing, Communications, Business
Minimum G.P.A. is 3.0
This is a volunteer position. College credit may be available depending on the requirements of your college or university.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume via email or mail to:
Social Media Intern Search
Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area
55 Hawthorne Street, Suite 800
San Francisco, CA 94105
No phone calls please.
Make-A-Wish grants wishes to children between the ages of 2½ and 18 who are battling a life-threatening illness.