Tasks related to this position will include but are not limited to:
- Inventorying and organizing our collection of donated wine. Each year, wine is the most profitable component of our silent auctions, and during the summer we organize our stock of wine so it’s ready to go for the coming fundraising year. We need help here!
- Researching new companies to solicit for the silent auction, and adding them to our database
- Researching and soliciting donors in select markets for auction donations and packages
- Assisting with coordination of our annual solicitation mailer sent to all local hotels, restaurants and wineries
- Tasting for Wine & Wishes and Wishes in Wine Country:
- Researching the hottest and best local restaurants and adding them to our database, and updating our existing list
- External Events:
- Support External Events by updating outreach materials, wish stories, sending out packages, and researching new potential external event opportunities
- Walk for Wishes:
- Researching “fun stuff” walk booth ideas
- Possible attendance and support at one of our Walk for Wishes events in August
- All department:
- Support for the department as we prepare to move offices (packing/unpacking/moving happening in June/July, and we’ll need help getting organized)
- Miscellaneous occasional projects as assigned by the department (there may be some help needed with event prep, etc).
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Be comfortable cold calling
- Work proactively and independently, communicating well with events team staff
- Promote the mission and activities of Make-A-Wish with enthusiasm
- Demonstrate strong computer skills including performing detailed internet searches and using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
The ideal candidate would be available eight hours a week for six to seven weeks. This can be an eight hour day once a week, or two four hour days a week. The candidate should have an interest in fundraising and events, and be a self-starter, a good researcher, an organized worker, an excellent communicator and be willing to make contact with potential new supporters via phone and email. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and good at internet research. Your efforts will directly result in increased event participation – which equals funds for wishes!
No major course of study is required but event experience is preferred.
Minimum G.P.A. is 3.0
This is a volunteer position. College credit may be available depending on the requirements of your college or university.
This is a summer internship. The start and end dates are somewhat flexible, but should fall between May-August. Please indicate your availability in the cover letter.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume via email or mail to:
Events Intern Search
Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area
55 Hawthorne Street, Suite 800
San Francisco, CA 94105
No phone calls please.
Make-A-Wish grants wishes to children between the ages of 2 ½ and 18 who are battling a life-threatening illness.