Make-A-Wish grants wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions, and leverages support from corporate sponsors in the form of cause-marketing promotions, wish adoptions and event sponsorships. The Corporate Development department raises $1.5 million in donations to support nearly 200 wishes. This intern will support the Corporate Development department with our corporate campaigns and events.
This position would help execute the campaigns by working with various corporate sponsors as well as Make-A-Wish volunteers. Tasks related to this position will include but are not limited to:
- Email & phone correspondence with corporate sponsor locations and volunteers
- Maintaining campaign data
- Creating & sending campaign marketing materials
- Assist in planning campaign events
- Assist in marketing and media planning
- Prospecting for new corporate partnerships and fundraising programs
- Assist in fulfilling corporate sponsorships for internal events
Qualifications desired for this position:
- Good organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, both written (e-mails) and verbal
- Professional demeanor
- Familiarity with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in corporate relations, development, or marketing
- Fall Intern (August-December)/Spring Intern (January-May)/Summer Intern (June-August)
- Minimum of 10 hours per week, up to 15 hours
No major course of study is required but marketing, communication, and/ or nonprofit experience is preferred.
Minimum G.P.A. is 3.0
This is a volunteer (unpaid) position. College credit may be available depending on the requirements of your college or university.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume via email or mail to:
Corporate Development Intern Search
Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area|
1333 Broadway, Ste 200
Oakland, CA 94612
No phone calls please.
Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area grants wishes to children between the ages of 2 ½ and 18 who are battling a life-threatening illness.