Make-A-Wish grants wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions. In order to grant upwards of 370 wishes each year, Make-A-Wish leverages support from corporate sponsors in the form of cause-marketing promotions, wish adoptions and event sponsorships. The Corporate department raises $1.5 million in donations to support nearly 200 wishes. This intern supports the Corporate Development Department with our major fall corporate campaigns – primarily Macy’s, as well as Subaru and Black Bear Diner.
Macy’s Campaign Recap: Macy’s is Make-A-Wish’s largest corporate sponsor, donating over $100 million dollars since 2003. This fall, we will once again hold the nation-wide Thanks for Sharing and Believe campaigns.
This position would help execute the campaigns by working with various corporate sponsors as well as Make-A-Wish volunteers. Tasks related to this position will include but are not limited to:
- Email & phone correspondence with (Macy’s, Subaru & Black Bear Diners) locations around the Bay Area.
- Email & phone correspondence with volunteers
- Maintaining campaign data
- Creating & sending campaign marketing materials
- Assist in planning a wish reveal/sendoff/celebration
- Assist in planning campaign events
- Assist in marketing and media planning
Qualifications desired for this position:
- Good organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, both written (emails) and verbal
- Professional demeanor
- Familiarity with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Resourceful on the internet
- Interest in corporate relations or marketing
- As early as Aug 7, 2017 through the end of December
- Minimum of 10 hours per week, up to 15 hours
- Starting in November, must be available on Mondays for at least 3 hours, flexible on the other days of the week
- Must be available on two major Macy’s campaign dates, potentially Nov 10th and Dec 8th
No major course of study is required but marketing, communication, nonprofit experience is preferred.
Minimum G.P.A. is 3.0
This is a volunteer (unpaid) position. College credit may be available depending on the requirements of your college or university.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume via email or mail to:
Events Intern Search
Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area
55 Hawthorne Street, Suite 800
San Francisco, CA 94105
No phone calls please.
Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area grants wishes to children between the ages of 2 ½ and 18 who are battling a life-threatening illness.